School Fundraising through Online Shopping!

Tips Tricks and Ideas for Google Chrome!

Visit Howes That! My new blog

Monday, September 18, 2006

We mash ye scurvy dogs like potato!

Tomorrow, September 19th, is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. I love the internet.

It also happens to be Hermoine Granger's birthday. I love Wikipedia. I don't like Hermoine so much though. So I won't be celebrating that.

Mashed potato is really quite a magical food. At times through my mission, I practically lived off the stuff. We would buy dry mix, just add milk, butter and water (or something). It was great. People sometimes like to compliment my cooking. It's really not that good. And, I managed to ruin those incredibly simple mashed potatoes quite a number of times. You were meant to put 1/4 teaspoon of salt in at the start, and then boil the water. I was too lazy to get a teaspoon or anything, so I just poured some salt in. I knew it was too much, but I didn't want to waste the effort so far, and thought it would work out alright. I should have realised that all I had in the pot was salt water - it would have been no effort at all to restart. But, I kept at it, and they were so salty we couldn't eat them. We tried just about everything to get rid of the over abundance of saltiness. In the end we added pineapple I think, but probably went to bed quite hungry...

Anyway, I don't think that's what I was really going to write about here....

Manipulation: Shrewd or devious management, especially for one's own advantage.

Actually, my favourite is the ad at the top of the google search page!

Is Your Man Manipulative?
TakeBackYourHeart.com - Learn "Secret Reason" Why You're Attracted To Jerks & Players

I like looking at Google Ads. Maybe because they support my blog. Or maybe because it is such a brilliant concept, to advertise based on what is actually on the page. GMail gives some of the funniest moments on the internet, because of the ads generated by emails people send me. Like that one I had one time for a 'Mormon Honeymoon Retreat'. Needless to say, the person who wrote the email that generated that ad, is on a mission.

Oh yeah, manipulation. It's funny, coz we all do it. But, often we don't realise it. As selfish creatures, we will do what serves us best. It is actually quite unfortunate, because it causes each of us to have a certain distorted view of reality. And perhaps more unfortunate, it's hard to stop, if we don't realise we're doing it. And that's why we have friends.

Or something.

Anyway, I'm done!
Yardarm Goodfellow

9 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, September 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was very insightful!


its not good u were too lazy and crucified the potatos but next time im sure u will do better.

 
At 12:19 AM, September 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Should our lives be extended to a thousand years, still we may live
and learn. Every vicissitude we pass through is necessary for experience
and example, and for preparation to enjoy that reward which is for the
faithful."
Topics: education, learning

( Brigham Young, in Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Brigham Young [1997],
262)

 
At 9:16 AM, September 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to love mashed potatos! My diet is really bad.. I don't eat meat or potatos anymore. Sometimes I will, just cause you're supposed to, but I just don't really like the stuff. I stick to eating my vegetables =D They're yummy and healthy for me!

I'm selfish, but I don't have many friends to point that out to me.. That's how I cause issues in my van and make people walk out on their job and hate me. I'm just so good at it! .. Is that a good or a bad thing?

I'm so glad you finally wrote a blog! I'm so fed up of reading the same blog, or atleast looking at the title and thinking that I've read it already.. Silly silly!

Timmy

 
At 12:52 PM, September 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On Tuesday I couldn't eat real food and so mum bought me KFC mashed potato and gravy! It still wasn't real food... REAL mashed potato is much better than the icky powdered stuff.

I'm a selfish being. I'm sorry. I'm going to fix it though!

I lied to a door to door sales person last night. I'm not sorry about that. Savvy?

 
At 3:57 PM, September 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"REAL mashed potato is much better than the icky powdered stuff."

This has got to be the most accurate thing I have read today. I HATE KFC mashed potato, and I HATE an the packet stuff mum used to buy. I love making mashed potato. When I started doing the cooking, it was one of the first things I tried to do. I have made a bad one once..I put too much milk in, and it turned to liquid. It so simple to make, you just mash, and then add milk and butter. YUM! I know what I'll be having for dinner.

I have only ever tasted your brownies, Dallin, but they were VERY good.

It's true that we can all be manipulative without knowing. The sad thing is, there are many people out there that do it on purpose. I had someone be like that to me once. Maybe I will tell you that story another day. Soph knows it..

Anyway, I know I can be really selfish. Everybody is! I hope that I can become a lot less selfish. I wan't to be able to do what is good for the people I love, and not just to gratify my own needs.

Sometimes looking into ourselves is hard, because we have to face different truths about ourselfs, truths that we didn't WANT to face. It's all better in the long run though...because we become better people.

I have awesome friends, I'm glad of that.

Gosh this is long. Sorry :)

ps. Add me to your msn Liz. candy281@hotmail.com ;)

 
At 9:08 PM, September 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe will do carolion!

u use milk in mash potato? ive never done that just lots of butter and i like my mash with some parsley in it sometimes. makes for a different flavour and some added colour to the dish.

 
At 9:19 AM, September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

=(

 
At 4:14 PM, September 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

^-^
(^_^)
<(( ))>
O O

Goodmorning Starshine! Snorlax says hello!

 
At 5:27 PM, September 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milk makes it nice and fluffy or something.

Timmy, what's with the sad face? Tell Aunty Caro what the problem is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home