School Fundraising through Online Shopping!

Tips Tricks and Ideas for Google Chrome!

Visit Howes That! My new blog

Monday, July 24, 2006

Let's End This!

So, my mum finally got back from Sydney yesterday, and broughtmy dad with her! He only went on Friday, so I hadn't been home alone for very long. Living on your own would be pretty boring. Well, I thought it was for the weekend. But it's ok, I had stuff to do.

Anyway, my mum brought me a really cool present back from Sydney! It was something really simple, for use with everybody's favourite food, cheese. So, that means it's competition time! if you can get the right answer of what it was, you will win 3 times as many points as there are letters in your correct answer. So, if the answer were 'a block of cheese' that has 14 letters, so you would win 14 * 3 = 42 points. But if you got more specific with your answer and said 'a big block of edam cheese' and that were also correct, you would get 21 * 3 = 63 points. Thus the challenge is to be as specific as possible, while still being right. And, of course, only thefirst person who gets the right answer gets the points.

Consolation prizes will be awarded by me however I so choose. And just so you know, the real answer is actually quite short. And yes, I will give tha answer out after a period of time if no one gets it right.

In other news, Uni is back on. Haven't done much so far (just one lecture, another one in half an hour). Yay!!

Also, our fireside last night was really good (I think). Thanks to everyone who spoke, sang, played the piano, prayed, conducted music, prepared food or was just in attendance. Actually, a special thanks to anyone who decided to change because of something they felt. For those who weren't in attendance, it was about the Book of Mormon. We had 8 wonderful young adults share personal experiences and testimonies of blessings gained by study of the Book.

Thanks, have a good day!

PS. Ladies first.

PPS. 19 points for recognising the randomness...

11 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, July 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the fireside was excellent, I will definitely not forget last night anytime soon...

Lol, I love how you kept remembering people you needed to thank, you're rather considerate in that way. And yes, It has inspired me to be more excited about reading the BOM. I read it each day, but I had lost the excitement of reading them.

I thought the supper was awesome!

So, something to do with cheese aye? I am not so good at these competitions, but I am going to say a cheese board. You know the ones where it's like a chopping board, but it had a little sharp string attached, that you use to cut the cheese?

Did I ever sing the song I wrote in maths about cheese?? Bye bye, mr holy cheese guy? It was the best, some of my best creations were done in double maths! Oh, and you should see my 'science ruler.' I just remembered that I did a little rating myself, on the back of my ruler. Sad, but you've done it too!

I didn't know you were all alone this weekend. I don't like sleeping alone in the house, and I don't think I have ever had to anyway. :D

Anyways, I think I should have points for being an excellent rambler!

ps. did you know your blog is really random?

pps. bold and the beautiful is on in the background, and it is really making me laugh...but now it's getting a bit sick, and that's not so funny.

 
At 5:02 PM, July 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, this is caro...

 
At 6:33 PM, July 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did she get you a cheese fondue thingamibob? set? melterifyer? with legs? that would have been cool...

Caro is crazy. And funny. And great. GO CARO!

The fireside was not good. I don't know where you get off going on about how good your fireside was. Silly. It was great. Fantabulous. Good isn't good enough. I didn't fall asleep and I didn't have a laughing fit. Proves it.

 
At 7:04 PM, July 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fireside was excellent, fantastic amazing wonderful all the words that can b used 2 descibe even though I was sitting outside and listening 2 it sounded even betta (dont like pues). You got a big block of cheddar cheese with chuncks of blue vein in it. Im not sure if thats stomachable at the moment soz 2 those who are eating food at the moment.

Was the fireside in the order of girls 2 guys as far as talks go. Just a random guess from ya clue.

Food is a good thing and a good job was done on it all the 3 basic food groups sugar, fat and salt plus a bit of healthy stuff 2 balance the damage out a tad.

s

 
At 10:18 PM, July 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eewww! yucky Dave!
I'm eating nice squishy bread now... and if it wasn't so nice and shquishy I'd stop eating it!

Sorry Dallin, I have no clue what your mum got you, but you're mum is really pretty, so I'm sure she got you something good ^_^ I like your mum.

 
At 10:12 AM, July 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's a fondue (Or however you spell it) thing. Now we can have a cheese party Dallin!! Yay! Aren't you excited!?

I was sorry to miss the fireside on Sunday. I was there but I had a few issues to deal with at the time. Now I know how great it was though I really wish that stupid issues would go away!

Random is fun I think. If everyone in the world was random, randomness wouldn't be so random anymore. I'm glad we only keep it to a small portion..

Clever thing about the RM- Arm thing. I though I was awesome but you're even better, although my left arm theory did have some awesomeness to it. Don't ya think..?

Woot! Go the cheese! CHEESE PARTY!!

Have fun Dals! And don't forget me when you're handing out invites to your cheese party!

 
At 1:30 PM, July 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted everyone to know that I'm killing you all on points.

 
At 1:53 PM, July 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha... but it's Dallin's fault! Picking and choosing points... how do you work out whats acceptable and whats not? what's wrong with giving 100 points at once? Say what it was you got already! if no one has it right they won't ever! Shhh.... I'm not impatient... or rude... Shut up!
hmmm... or bored... blah.

Hi, my name is Joe, and I work in a carrot factory.
hahaha... carrot-pusher.

(nothing)

 
At 5:59 PM, July 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so humble Foph!

 
At 1:17 AM, July 29, 2006, Blogger Dallin said...

Hey, Sorry for the delay. Answer will come either Monday or Tuesday morningish. Feel free to take further guesses, if you can think of anything creative, or come up with anything else that could be right. And, I guess I didn't really make it too clear, but the randomness thing was a second challenge, to recognise and explain how two random things in the post were related. One of them was the title.

Good luck, hope you all have a good weekend!

Dallin

 
At 1:41 AM, July 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, I know, she brought you crackers AND cheese from the plane!

I don't know what the randomness is, it's 1:30 in the morning! I can't think at 1:30. Maybe 1, but not 1:30.

sleeping isn't great, my dreams are weird. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home