School Fundraising through Online Shopping!

Tips Tricks and Ideas for Google Chrome!

Visit Howes That! My new blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Stuff

My dad likes to mock me about my over usage of the term "Stuff". But then I found in some of the lecture slides from one of my courses at uni this semester they taught us about "Stuff", so I feel justified now!

A few days ago my little blog here was the first result in a Google Search for Dallin Blog. Now I'm not even in the top 100 results. What's with that?

Man, I love my new mouse! I had actually been getting quite used to the trackpad. And it was always quite convenient having my hands close to the keyboard. Using shortcuts like Alt + Left to go back in a web-browser was great. The first few days using the mouse, it felt like everything was so slow, because I had to move the mouse all the way to the back button, or move my hands all the way to the keyboard.

There is, however, a solution, greater than one could possibly imagine! I decided I would stop using Internet Explorer as my default web browser, just after I got my laptop. I use Firefox (See right). Firefox has extensions, small programs which increase the usefulness of the browser. I found one called Mouse Gestures. It lets you use your mouse to do a lot of common browsing tasks. Very convenient! The ones I use most, rather than the ones shown at the site where you need to move the mouse, are "Right click, Left click" for Back, "Left click, Right click" for forward, and "Right click + Scroll Wheel" to switch tabs.

I now find myself trying to go forward and back like that in Windows Explorer and other programs now too. It's frustrating that I can't. Oh well.

And I'm Dallin Howes, and that's all I have to say for now!

5 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, June 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stuff is cool. I like stuff.

I'm glad your mouse is working out well! Bluetooth and all. Have you tried holding it backwards yet? And then you have to see if it works on your face, and then the wall, and have you tested the distance? You should have a Mouselympics!

Schmile! ;)

 
At 1:45 PM, June 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think my mouse is that great, just the normal kind.

 
At 6:29 PM, June 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acually may even b good 2 use it in the next room see what happens or should I say see what ya click on lol. My old IT lecturer called it a moose cos ya can scroll down with the moose without pulling itz antlers down. My bird is attacking my hand while Im doing this I think Im not paying enough attention to him. Newayz ttyl mate
-Dave

 
At 5:31 PM, July 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dallin is in Sydney, and that makes Carolion very cross. Why can't Carolion be in Sydney??

 
At 8:55 AM, July 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know I like check your Bolg thing all the time incase you've written something but you never have.. Weird.. You should write more you know? Anyway. Hope you're having fun in Sydney! If you want I'll let you bring me back something good =P Don't miss us too much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home