School Fundraising through Online Shopping!

Tips Tricks and Ideas for Google Chrome!

Visit Howes That! My new blog

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Ductile

Drake Lake. Man, I was just thinking about words, and came to ponder on Wave Race 64. That was an amazing game. And an amazing train of thought. See, it started with Ductile (I'll explain that in a bit) which moved through to Drake, via Malleable. I think that connection came via Mandrake, the former name for a type of Linux. Drake Lake was a course in Wave Race, thus letting me ponder that game of years ago. And people wonder why I lose the game so often - so many different things can remind me of it.

Anyway, I really like the word ductile. I remember I learned it together with 'malleable' when oing a project about Gold in primary school. But, whereas malleable is a word in somewhat common usage, I think ductile is pretty rare. So, I have decided to introduce it to the world.

Incidentally enough, my first paragraph was an example of ductility. I took one thought, and drew it out into an entire paragrpah, without even really going anywhere. There are some other possible meanings though. These are some I came up with.


  • Someone who goes on and on about a point that has already been done to death. Including making the same joke again and again.

  • One who drags out a simple process so that it takes for ever. Especially when going over irrelevant details that have already been dealt with or are blatantly obvious.



Fortunatly enough, cheese is also quite ductile, when melted at least. And, I guess it depends on the kind of cheese. Some cheese doesn't melt, it just burns. Other cheese melts in a stringy kind of way, and then other cheese melts very liquidy. Yay for cheese!

So, make sure you describe someone as 'ductile' today!

Dallin Howes

11 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, October 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck.. So yeah... Ductile hey... like ducks obviously, coz all you talked about there was ducks. First Drake Lake, which I have no idea what it is, and then Malleable, which is kinda like Mallard... the Mallard drake is very pretty... but then again Most ducks are. Ducks are ductile.

Goose!

 
At 1:56 PM, October 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Timmy sent me an sms saying she lost, and now I lose every time I look at my phone... =D

 
At 10:38 AM, October 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! WOOT! I'm awesome! I kept losing yesterday! It wasn't nice =( Everytime I thought about you or Dallin or Tuesday night, I though of the GAME! Dum dum DUUUM!

Hehe! I sent Dallin the same sms yesterday too! I'm way too awesome! Hehe!

So anyway.. I'm Ductile! I like Ducks too. They're really cute! Oooh! Jake has this gorgeous picture of him and some ducks! When he was about.. 2. He's such a beautiful kid.. I'm lucky I have him to breed with.. Once we're married oh course!

Anyway.. I miss CaroLion ='( And Jono too! They're muchly missed!

Timmy

 
At 10:40 AM, October 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I wrote that comment as if it was Sophies Blog! Ahahaha! Sorry Dallin! This ones's to you!

I like pie.

Timmy

 
At 3:34 PM, October 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yessssss.... Sophie is taking over the world, one blog at a time...

 
At 4:01 PM, October 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not gone anywhere.

Hey Dal, you're rather ductile. :P

 
At 7:19 PM, October 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol that was an experiance. u could write a whole book about the word ductile and it would be ductile. so i guess it would really educate u if u read it?

ps i enjoyed the comment about cheese!

 
At 7:20 PM, October 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dallin how does cheese and ductile work?

 
At 7:24 PM, October 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah strands!

 
At 8:36 PM, October 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me

 
At 8:38 PM, October 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To clarify that point about what I said refering 2 myself as being ductile

 

Post a Comment

<< Home