School Fundraising through Online Shopping!

Tips Tricks and Ideas for Google Chrome!

Visit Howes That! My new blog

Monday, November 20, 2006

Advice is a Dangerous Gift

Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes.

Of all creatures, perhaps the Elves are the most wise. Yet, they are also the Most reserved in giving advice.

Because, why?

All courses may run ill. Even the Elves do not know how things will end up. Advice is merely one person's considered opinion of the best option to take at the time. It is important to consider all options, and the positive and negative aspects of each (for each will have both). The wisdom of the Elves is that it is worse to give bad advice than to give none at all. Letting someone draw their own conclusions and determine their own course after a plain presentation of the relevant facts is their method.

And it would be frustrating as anything, for an indecisive character like me.

At least, I think it would be....

6 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, November 24, 2006, Blogger Soph said...

...Why do I have a blogger display name?

So anyways, You should know if you find Elves annoying, you know one! :O I don't think you would though, unless you were desperate to know something, which is stupid.
I think the Elves way of thinking is fine for fiction, but in real life, There is always right and wrong. I should prolly say why... but I'm too tired. And I'm assuming you get it.

:)

 
At 11:46 AM, November 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was lovely Dallin..

:P

 
At 11:25 AM, November 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess the biggest thing to learn is: asking for advice is good but in the end you have to make the choice and your responsible for it, cant blame the elves for their advice or lack of it.

 
At 10:05 PM, December 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Advice is only a matter of opinion where as good advice could be taken as bad advice by someone else so the elves mite of had good advice which you took badly. Or I could have no idea on what Im talking about completely newayz I'll leave that for you 2 decide
-Dave

 
At 8:14 AM, December 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo

 
At 9:28 AM, December 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dallin, convention is tomorrow!! I certainly hope you are sleeping at this present time. I had a horrible one, but oh well. Next monday night, that's when the sleep will happen..maybe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home