School Fundraising through Online Shopping!

Tips Tricks and Ideas for Google Chrome!

Visit Howes That! My new blog

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Ultimate!

Representing or exhibiting the greatest possible development or sophistication.

What a definition (Thanks Google!). Ultimate. Normally I would use it to describe my favourite game - Ultimate Frisbee. Fast paced, fun for everyone, easy to pick up, impossible to master, play just about anywhere, with just about anyone, with nothing required but a Frisbee. Whoever coined the name 'Ultimate' was certainly on track.

But today, something else is ultimate: Microsoft.

Whether you love them or hate them, chances are you have to use their products. Windows is, essentially, universal. And so is Microsoft Office. Word Documents, Exel Spreadsheets, Powerpoint Presentations, these are the usual formats that most people use to transfer information.

Unfortunately, Office comes in different packages these days. At least ten different versions, each including various combinations of the world's Most ubiquitous productivity software. A friend recently complained that she couldn't share much of her work with others, because they didn't have Publisher. The general problem is the cost.

That's why Microsoft named their most comprehensive version of Office 'Ultimate'.

It includes everything. But retailing at around $1000, it is out of many people's price range. That's where Microsoft's ultimate deal fits in. Australian Uni students have the option to buy a 1 year licence for $25 or an unlimited licence for $75.

Visit http://www.itsnotcheating.com.au for all the details. If you're an Australian Uni student, you can not pass this offer up.

Impressions of the Sydney and Melbourne trips, as well as of the Adelaide YSA Convention DVD to come.

12 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, March 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your AwEsOmE Dallin!!!

 
At 5:03 PM, March 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Tip Dallin, check out my bloogs sometime ;)

 
At 9:27 AM, March 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Dallin thats impressive you should win the game

 
At 12:47 PM, March 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool... where did you hear about this?

 
At 9:57 AM, March 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad I'm not at Uni, eh Dal? Oh well.

 
At 6:10 PM, March 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just what I wanted ....another advertisment for microsoft.......Why praise microsoft for selling something cheap when other people give away similar items for free?

Open office for example!!!!

http://www.openoffice.org/

It is much better than microsoft office - and it is free!!!!!! It also runs on just about all computer platforms: windows, os x, bsd, linux, solaris etc.....

I have been using open office (star office) now since the mid 90s - it has seen me through many very large documents. I love open office :)

 
At 10:30 PM, March 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

meh OOo is soooo 1999... its good if you cant afford office, but microsoft basically killed that with the $75 deal ;)

Dont get me wrong i love free / open source stuff, but OpenOffice.org is no match for office 2007 unfortunately.

 
At 11:21 AM, March 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous is cool...too bad you'll never get full credit for that awesome response.

Now Dal, I think I need more points...

;)

 
At 11:37 AM, March 20, 2007, Blogger Dallin said...

Drew: I would check out your blog if you'd told me where it is :P

Anonymous 1: A friend sent me a link for this. It's on the Microsoft site. And another friend emailed Microsoft Support directly to check the validity, and they confirmed it for him.

Maxine: In many cases I would agree with you about using free/open source/whatever other sort of non-proprietary software. But there is a limit to that.

Yes, I have used Open Office. Yes, I have used Linux. No, I do not plan on installing and using either of them by default. Because it isn't worth it to me. Open Office tries to replicate MS Office. It fails. For $1200 I would certainly not buy MS Office. I got Office 2003 for free (legally) from my sister. But for $75? I would buy OneNote alone for that price (and good luck getting the equivalent of OneNote in Open Office).

You are of course free to have your opinion. But there is no need to try and validate your opinion by leaving extraneous exclamation marks behind it.

Anonymous 2: Yeah, what you said!

Caro (x2): Indeed.

Everyone Else: Thanks!

 
At 3:50 PM, April 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...where's my points?

 
At 7:55 PM, April 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im glad i cheaked ur site again i completely forgot about that windows thingy :P

awsome costume btw from friday :P

 
At 4:11 PM, July 12, 2018, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for your share! chrome 49 version coolmathgames diggy tải game contra cổ điển ae fruit slash game

 

Post a Comment

<< Home